Are you looking for the best meat grinder for venison? If yes, you are in the right place. Here in this article, we will try to show you the best meat grinders for venison explaining technical and essential features to look for while buying. Everyone has different choices. This comprehensive and simple guide will help you to choose the best meat grinder for venison.
It is very tough to choose the right meat grinder if you do not have familiarity with the necessary features that a standard grinder should have. Maybe, you already have used one or two for a certain period of time but are not happy with the performance. Technically speaking, it all depends on the core functionality and the manufacturing materials of a grinder that makes it unique.
In the first half of this guide, we are going to show you the top 5 best meat grinders for venison having stunning features. The second half of the guide offers a “buyer guide” to help you pick up the right one for you. This guide also includes a FAQ section to answer all of your potential questions. So, let’s go ahead:
Best Meat Grinders for Venison
- LEM Products 1158 Mighty Bite Electric Meat Grinder
- Chef’s Choice 720 Professional Food/Meat Grinder, Metal, One Size
- Nesco FG-400PR Professional Cast-Aluminum Food Grinder, 380-watt
- Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinders, 1-HP – 750 Watts
- LEM Big Bite Meat Grinder
1. LEM Products 1158 Mighty Bite Electric Meat Grinder
The Mighty Bite Electric Meat Grinder made by LEM is one of the best meat grinders for venison available on the market. It comes with 3 stainless steel plates and 3 plastic stuffing tubes. The grinder is not too loud, functions flawlessly, and takes a snap to operate and clean.
Let’s explore some key features offered by this grinder:
- Food Types: It is a good choice to grind a lump of venison as well as raw meat of any other animal. It handles even the toughest tissues without bogging down. It can easily handle a 25lbs batch of meat for sausage making.
- Durability: Made of long-lasting aluminum motor housing, it comes with durable gears. To make sure that you do not worry about the durability, LEM offers 1 year of factory warranty with this product. This warranty is further strengthened with 30 days money back guaranty.
- Ease: This grinder comes with a heavy duty handle for easy moving. It weighs 16.5 lbs. which makes it quite easy for you to carry it to your place. It is very simple to operate the Mighty Bite Grinder. You just need to wash the washable parts, assemble and then turn it on. If everything goes right, feed the venison meat into the feeding tube. That’s easy, isn’t it?
- Cleanability: As it comes with stainless steel feature, you do have nothing to worry about rust or anything to harm its body. It is very easy to clean due to its polished and strong body.
- Accessories: Along with 3 stainless steel plates (3/16”, 3/8” and stuffing) and 3 plastic stuffing tubes (1/2”, 1” and 1-3/8” OD), it includes meat stopper and 5’ cord stores under housing.
- ETL approved
- 1 Year Warranty
- Easy to carry and handle
- Meat pan holds up to 3 pounds of meat
- Run smoothly by 500W/1000W Watt peak power with 120V motor
- Full and slow speed as well as plus pulse reverse setting to help you control the meat grinding process.
- Permanently lubricated motor
- Built-in circuit breaker
- Long-lasting gears and aluminum construction
- Goofproof stainless-steel knife
- Overheats easily
2. Chef’s Choice 720 Professional Food/Meat Grinder, Metal, One Size
The Chef’s Choice 720 Professional Food/Meat Grinder is manufactured by Chef’s Choice. This is another exceptional meat grinder for venison. It comes with a compact design and powerful motor of 350-400 watts. Having cutting-edge, gear focused system for better output, it works even with the strongest meats. Let’s explore some core features available on this grinder:
- Food Types: With Chef’s Choice 720 Professional Grinder, you can grind fruits, meats, cheese as well as vegetables very easily. This will help you to grind meat of any types, vegetables, cheese, fruits, nuts, fish, bread etc. to make burgers, sausages, pates, appetizers, sandwich and many more mouth-watering foods. It is the perfect choice for making burgers and soups, meat loaves, as well as any additive-free foods.
- Durability: If you are concerned with durability, then this grinder has a good deal to offer you. It comes with two years of limited warranty. The stainless-steel grinding plates and advanced gear focused system ensure the lifespan of this awesome grinder.
- Ease: This grinder is very light. It weighs only 10.87 pounds that makes it easy to move. It comes with 3-way control switch, for grinding, stuffing then reverse. It has combined handle for high portability and storage.
- Cleanability: It is very easy to clean. But, we do not recommend you to use a dishwasher to clean it. Rather, use your hands or something soft to clean the parts to prevent damage.
- Accessories: This grinder comes with 3 stainless steel plates for grinding, forged grinding as well as sausage stuffing kit. They allow you to grind meat in different sizes and mince sausages according to your requirement.
- Sharp, metal construction, heavy-duty grinder
- Powerful motor capable of producing up to 350-400 watts
- Can grind about 3.5 lbs. of meat every minute
- Ideal for grinding venison
- Large capacity
- 3-way control switch
- Overload protection
- Combined handle higher portability
- Two years limited warranty
- You cannot wash it in the dishwasher
3. Nesco FG-400PR Professional Cast-Aluminum Food Grinder, 380-watt
Nesco FG-400PR Professional Cast-Aluminum Food Grinder is one of the most extraordinary grinders in the present market. Manufactured by Nesco, it can process up to 5 pounds of meat per minute. It has an easy-to-operate reverse function that allows for safe removal of blocked food. It comes with stainless-steel blade and die-cast aluminum construction. Let’s see some core features that it offers:
- Food Types: This grinder is ideal for grinding meat, poultry, sausages, pates, appetizers, relishes, salads and many more. Perfect for processing venison into hamburger, sausage, and other delicious foods.
- Durability: Made of die-cast aluminum housing, it comes with stainless-steel blade and grinding plates. Nesco provides a 1-year warranty with this grinder.
- Ease: With the powerful motor, it is very easy to process all kinds of meat. It weighs 14 pounds which is pretty flexible for such an outstanding grinder.
- Cleanability: It does not take much effort to clean. You can disassemble it and clean it with dishwasher.
- Accessories: This grinder includes three sintered stainless-steel plates for fine, medium, as well as coarse grinding with two different-sized sausage tubes. It has die-cast aluminum housing, die-cast metal auger and feed tube.
- Powerful 380-watt motor. Dependable performance
- Can shred, grind, as well as fill sausage casings
- Oversized aluminum hopper can hold about 5 pounds of meat
- On/off switch with reverse feature
- Stainless-steel blade and three sintered stainless-steel grinding plates
- Works awesome for making your own jerky or sandwich spread, appetizers and relish.
- Easy to clean
- One-year limited warranty.
- Produces quite loud sound.
4. Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinders, 1-HP – 750 Watts
Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinders, 1-HP can grind about 725 lbs. meat every hour. It is a great choice for small shops, restaurants or anyone who wants to grind his meat at home. This meat grinder comes with all the necessary accessories that you’ll need to prepare your own meat.
Let’s explore some fundamental features available on this grinder:
- Food Types: It handles venison, elk, moose and any other type of fibrous game meat with ease.
- Durability: Featuring stainless-steel plates and cutting blade, all the metal gears are bathed in oil for smooth quiet operation and lifetime of use. It is guarded with 1-year limited warranty. This grinder is UL and NSF/ANSI Standard 8 Approved.
- Ease: You can make snack sticks with the -Inch Cyclone-Inch auger. Simply use the grinder with the snack stick tube. Thanks to the stuffing star, there is no need to re-grind the meat. It will grind meat as well as soft bones for preparing pet food easily.
- Cleanability: It comes with stainless-steel housing which makes the grinder very easy to clean. It also contains detachable safety guard on the pan for relaxed cleaning.
- Accessories: This cool meat grinder includes stainless steel knife for grinding, 2 grinding plates, 3 sets of funnels for stuffing sausage, Stuffing spacer/star & a heavy-duty stopper.
- Offers highest grinder speed
- Quiet performance as well as rugged durability
- Lubricated and air cooled motor
- Made of stainless-steel
- Easy cleaning and storage
- Higher portability
- 1-Year limited warranty
- Best for restaurant and home use
- It comes with two grinding plates while most of the grinders come with 3 grinding plates
- It struggles to grind hard bones
5. LEM Big Bite Meat Grinder
LEM Big Bite Meat Grinder is great for smaller grinding projects. It is quitter while in use. It has Modernized Brushed Steel Finish. This grinder weighs about 26.5 pounds.
Let’s dive into some basic features available on this grinder:
- Food Types: This grinder allows everyone to make delicious jerky, sausage, and other meat items whether you are an amateur or professional.
- Durability: This grinder covers Lifetime Customer Support and 5 Year factory warranty. The stainless-steel housing of motor and the metal gears help it to last for years.
- Ease: It is very user-friendly. It has heavy duty handle which makes moving the grinder much easier. It contains added tray in the body for knife and plat storage. The extended auger pulls more meat in less time.
- Cleanability: No matter how much meat you process at a certain time, it is not a big deal to clean this grinder. You yourself can easily disassemble and clean it following the user manual.
- Accessories: This meat grinder comes with head, stainless steel knife, auger, pan for meat, stainless steel plates (coarse and fine), 3 tubes for stuffing and lastly, a meat stopper.
- lubricated motor with better-quality grease formulation
- Can process up to 30 lbs. in 10 minutes
- Built-in circuit breaker
- 5-year factory warranty
- Lifetime support for customers
- ETL Certified.
- Very handy
- Consumes low power
- While processing moose, it clogs up easily
- The neck gets hot after heavy work
If you want to know more about others meat grinders click here.
Let’s watch a Video Tips For Grinding venison
How to Find the Best Meat Grinder for Venison
It may be a very challenging and daunting task to choose the best meat grinders for venison out of the hundreds available on the market. If you cannot choose wisely, you may end up being frustrated. So, it is very important that you have some technical knowledge about meat grinders to choose the one so that you don’t regret in the future.
This guide is designed to help you informing some core aspects of a meat grinder for venison. Let’s talk about some very crucial factors to keep in mind while you buy a meat grinder that would serve your purpose properly. Here it goes:
The Body Material
There are several materials that are used to make meat grinders. Among them, steel and plastic are the most common ones. Most of the heavy-duty grinders are made from stainless steel whereas some grinders are made of plastic. Let’s discuss some aspects of body material here:
- Sometimes, a grinder may only have certain parts made of stainless steel. It is not enough, as it makes the other parts of it prone to rust. So, If your grinder is made of steel. make sure that all the parts of the grinder including the blades are made of stainless steel.
- Don’t forget to check the durability of the blade first. Sometimes, the blade of a meat grinder for venison may not be capable enough to squeeze the coarse pieces of meat. As a result, it may break out.
- If you want to buy a steel made meat grinder for venison, make sure it has rubber pads below the stands.
Multi-functionality adds extra advantage to your grinder. If you have a multi-functional grinder you can process almost all sorts of food. Now let’s have a look at the checklist:
- The funnel should be wider so that you can put almost all sizes of meat and food.
- There are some stainless steel heavy duty grinders that can also perform tasks such as grinding chicken bones or coarse slices of meat. If you want one grinder for grinding venison, you should choose one with good performance in grinding bones.
- If you want to mince sausage, look for whether the grinder comes with stuffing tubes or not.
- You can also see the features whether the grinder also processes vegetables and nuts. It helps you saving time.
Accessories are very crucial because it allows you to process meat over different sizes and also mince other types of food like making sausage.
- Typically, most of the meat grinders for venison should come with two or preferable three plates.
- The grinder should also come with one or more stuffing tubes. These tubes can help you to stuff sausages.
- Some grinders come with a meat pusher which is also essential to ensure the safety of your hands. It keeps your hands away from the blades and helps you to push the meat through the blades.
Ability to Wash
It is good to wash your meat grinder after use. Sometimes it becomes tough to approach a certain part of a grinder for not having the disassembling feature. Now let’s explore some of the features we must look inside a grinder in order to ensure its cleanability:
- As discussed earlier, make sure all the parts are made of pure stainless steel. Otherwise, washing it can make it rusty.
- The steel made grinder should have a wide opening or disassembling facility.
You may have a budget to pay for the best meat grinder for venison. But, at the same time, you have to find the quality-product. Some product may seem very cheap, but the quality may not be up to the mark. So, it would be a wise decision to have a budget to buy the best meat grinder for venison that will serve you for years.
Usually, meat grinders are not that much expensive. But, you need to be careful about the fact that the grinder you are buying is worthy of the money you are paying.
How To Prevent Meat Grinder From Clogging
Clogging is a very common case that happens with meat grinders. Tough meats and fatty bones are responsible for this. That is the very reason you need to consider the power of the grinder before buying. By the way, if you have already bought one and face clogging in the grinder, use these techniques to minimize the problem of clogging:
- Before grinding, you need to make sure that you have removed the silver skin. It is because ligaments, sinews and fascia are very tough, thin and clingy that clog your grinder easily. Use a sharp, narrow blade to take connective tissues out of your meat.
- Before pushing your meat inside grinder, try to cut the meat into smaller pieces. If you want to put your venison with 3-4-inch cuts, it is very likely to clog. Try cutting your venison to 1 inch long, and thin similarly.
- Put the venison, the blade, and auger in the refrigerator for around half an hour before you grind the meat. This will keep the venison and other necessary gears pretty cold and will help to grind better.
- You have to sharpen and clean the blades and plates regularly.
- Do not use your grinders to grind bones if the manufacturer has not featured that grinder for that purpose. Choose one grinder that can handle bones along with bones. Otherwise, your machine is going to clog.
Why Choosing The Best Meat Grinder Is Important?
None can deny the importance of a good meat grinder. Here are the reasons why it matters:
- A good meat grinder will make your meat processing easier. It saves your valuable time and labor.
- A good meat grinder is rust-resistant and made with food-grade materials. This helps you to stay healthy.
- You can enjoy the durability of the grinder along with its sharp blades for years.
- They are extremely easy to clean. Disassembling and assembling is quite easy.
- They are safe for your hands along with the surface where they will be placed.
- You can do multiple tasks with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the core benefit of using a meat grinder for venison?
Meat grinders for venison have the ability to process a bulk amount of venison slices within a very short time. It saves your toil and time at the same time.
How can I choose the right meat grinder to grind venison for me?
It all depends upon your need. I will advise you to choose the one that comes with warranty and after sales service. You also need to pay attention to power to ensure quality.
Where can I find the best meat grinder for venison?
You will easily find the best one if you apply all the evaluation steps that we have mentioned in this guide. By the way, in this guide, we have featured those 5 meat grinders for venison that seemed extraordinary for us for their great features. You can choose any of them according to your budget and need.
How much price should I pay for a meat grinder for venison?
A standard grinder for venison would cost you around 100$ to 500$. But it’s always advised to consider the features as well as benefits more than the price.
How long does a meat grinder for venison last?
A well-maintained meat grinder for venison can last for years if you take care of it properly and use fairly.
Finally, we believe that after reading this guide, you have got a complete understanding of how to get the best meat grinder for venison. We have reviewed some of the best meat grinders for venison out in the market. You have also got ideas on what to look for if you wish to get the best meat grinder for venison in a limited budget. Now, it is time to buy one and enjoy mouth-watering venison right at your home.